Who doesn't dream of a barrel of furry felines? If that is what you desire - then MrsWhite8907 has got you covered with her latest collaborative nail plate release! Tiffany White, the artist behind the Instagram account @mrswhite8907 envisioned a plate full of her favorite animal not only because she adores them, but because she also a loving foster who cares for cats in need and in return they soothe her as a means of therapy. We uncovered a little more about her passions and what keeps her creatively inspired. Here's what she had to say:
Maniology: Is this your first collaborative nail stamping plate? What inspired you to come up with your designs?
MrsWhite8907: This is the first stamping plate that I’ve helped design, and it has been such an exciting process! At first I was drawing a blank when Carol approached me and asked about collaborating, but then it hit me! As I was feeding my sweet foster kittens, I realized a kitten/cat stamping plate is a perfect combination of my passion for kittens and nail art.
Maniology: When you thought about the designs on the plate, did you feel like designs like yours were missing in nail art?
MrsWhite8907: 100%! I did not have any cat stamping images at all in my huge collection of stamping plates, and now I have a whole entire plate dedicated to them!
Maniology: Creative expression - do you have any other creative hobbies outside of nail art?
MrsWhite8907: I have a couple of hobbies besides nail art, one of which is baking! I love to bake all kinds of sweet delicious desserts, and I’ve made my son’s birthday cakes every year! Occasionally, I make birthday cakes for friends as well!
Maniology: What is a nail art design that you keep going back to?
MrsWhite8907: My favorite [kind of] nail art when I’m in a hurry is stamping because it is so easy and quick to get an amazing mani! My other favorite nail art design is definitely water marbles. While they obviously take quite a bit more time to create, the end result is almost always breathtaking and worth it.
I started out painting my nails and doing nail art as a form of relaxation and me time, but over the years it has become a much bigger part of my life than I could have imagined. I took nail technician courses at a local technical college, and after 2 (long) semesters, I graduated! Afterwards, I took and passed the state board exams, so I can now happily say I am a licensed nail technician! I do not currently work using my license, but I am so glad I put in all the work and did it!
Now how does a mom/wife/nail tech become so passionately obsessed with kitten rescue work, you might be wondering? After being diagnosed with depression, my therapist suggested adopting a kitten. My husband was not on board with that idea, so we agreed to trying the next best thing - fostering kittens! Taking care of these tiny amazing little creatures has been so rewarding and healing for me and my depression. I’ve fostered upwards of 50 kittens and cats at this point— I don’t intend to ever stop! I do not have my own cat yet, but we are just waiting for the right time. Until then, I get to keep raising, loving and snuggling kittens (...how can you not with such cutie-patootie faces like that 😻😻).
Love 20 questions? So do we! We randomly asked Tiffany 20 questions and off the cuff she had to answer...1, 2, 3 - GO!
1. What’s your favorite movie? The Hunger Games Series
2. What book are you reading? I read kid books to my son Aiden every night before bed.
3. What show are you watching? Bob’s Burgers
4. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram
5. What’s your favorite food? Mac and cheese
6. Least favorite food? Any vegetables
7. What do you love on your pizza? Pepperonis and olives
8. Favorite drink? Diet Mountain Dew
9. What’s your favorite band? Spice Girls
10. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be? I’m terrible at singing, but my sister Jasmine and I jam out on car rides.
11. What’s your favorite board game? Life
12. What’s your favorite color? Pink
13. Least favorite color? Yellow
14. Heels or flats? Flats
15. Pilates or yoga? Neither
16. If you had one superpower, what would it be? To save all the kittens in the world.
17. What’s the weirdest word in the English language? Phalanges
18. What’s your favorite flower? I’d much prefer chocolates to flowers.
19. What is your most favorite thing about yourself? That I’m a good Mom to an amazing boy.
20. What is your day job? Dishes and laundry count, right?
Are you ready to make those pretty kitty's purrrfect? Pick up MrsWhite8907's collab plate today!