We love a good sugar scrub recipe! Learn how to make this iconic Candy Corn hand sugar hand scrub that you'll want to reach for all the time. This recipe was created by Lemon Lime Adventures: https://lemonlimeadventures.com/candy...
Lemon Lime Adventures Recipe:
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- Red and yellow food dye
- Dairy bottle-style container, or candy corn-shaped container if you can find one
- 3 small mixing bowls
- Candy corn, for garnish
- Sweet orange essential oil, optional ***
- Vanilla essential oil, optional
In the video, I decided to switch up the essential oil and use Doterra's Harvest Spice. This product has the following scent profile: Cassia, Clove, Eucalyptus, Cedarwood, Nutmeg and Cinnamon Bark.
***Disclaimer: Please be very careful when using essential oils and with discretion. It has been researched that using citrus essential oils (such as orange) and going out into the sun or using products that may require you to use a UV product, like gel polish and curing into a UV lamp may cause skin irritations or burns. For more information, continue reading on.
Reasons to love a sugar scrub:
- Nourishment! No more than ever we all need to add more moisture to our hands with consistent hand sanitizer and soap use. The coconut oil in this recipe helps with this naturally. -
- Exfoliation of the nail bed. Helps to remove dead skin cells sitting on the nail to make the nail bed smoother for your nail polish. - It’s just fun to do.
- Smells good! - Hella cheap to make yourself!
Please share with us your sugar scrub at #hellomaniology. We'd love to see how it turned out and how you're enjoying it.