- What’s your favorite movie? Easy A
- What show are you watching? The Office. Always!
- iPhone or Android? Android
- Twitter or Instagram? Instagram
- Who’s an Instagrammer that EVERYONE should be following right now? @nagelfuchs
- What do you love on your pizza? Pepperoni or Prosciutto and fresh rocket
- Favorite drink? Raspberry Mojito
- Favorite dessert? Anything chocolate!
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Milk
- Coffee or tea? Neither
- What’s your favorite band? Fall Out Boy
- Favorite solo artist? K. Flay
- Favorite song? Go With the Flow – Queens of the Stone Age
- If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be? Adele
- Do you have a tattoo? No
- Dogs or cats? Dogs
- What’s your favorite board game? Trivial Pursuit
Think that short nails don’t have decorative potential? Think again! Sammy, the creator behind the Instagram account @thesammersaurus has been proving this wrong for years by creating trendy designs on her nails with no lack of style and she had her followers in mind. Sammy’s Maniology collaborative plate is full of her favorite go-to designs that you’ll be sure to fall in love with--the marble pattern accents each finger with it’s own touch just like a real marble, triangular designs add a sharp, modern edge, and geometric patterns maximize the space for tiny finger tips.
We asked Sammy how she came up with her ideas for this recent collab and what keeps her inspired. Here’s what she said:
- Is this your first collaborative nail stamping plate? What inspired you to come up with your designs?
Yes, it is! My plate is a mix of old and new designs. I wanted to create a plate full of designs that I’d love to wear, so I thought back over the years to my favourites, as well as to manicures I’ve created that got a great reaction to turn some of those into stamping designs.
I love minimal and geometric designs so the plate is packed full of those. I also considered how the designs would work on all shapes and lengths of nails, so hopefully there is something for everyone!
I also selected some of my all-time favourite designs from the ‘original’ Bundle Monster plates (the 25 piece sets with little round plates), so look out for those 4 designs on the far right of the plate!
- When you thought about the designs on the plate, did you feel like designs like yours were missing in nail art?
Some of them are designs that I’ve freehanded on my own nails that I wanted a quicker alternative to create – what better way than putting them on a stamping plate so that others can create them too?! I think the marble design is a first, but it’s hard to keep up with all of the designs out there these days, so I can’t promise anything!
- Creative expression - do you have any other creative hobbies outside of nail art?
I love to bake! I recently spent 3 weekends mastering the classic bakewell tart , and I make a devilishly delicious chocolate cake… if I do say so myself! I also enjoy calligraphy, and I’m working on my watercolour painting skills.
- What is a nail art design that you keep going back to?
Gradients. Gradients under my nail art, gradient stamping, glitter gradients. Oh, I do love a good gradient!
For good measure, we wanted to get to know the candid side of Sammy, so we asked her a few random question off-the-cuff.
Here’s what she said:
Are you ready to stamp your nails with Sammy’s collab plate? Find it here.